Online marketing involves more than banner ads and keyword copywriting, and without a strategy it is usually ineffective. Without the right tools, persuading customers to visit your ecommerce store to make a purchase presents similar challenges as faced by retailers enticing consumers to their storefront on Main Street: foot traffic is primarily left to luck and consumers are more aware of competitors (who have a strategy and the appropriate marketing tools). This is where a full service online marketing company such as OMguru can help. The first step to profitable online marketing is to outline the goals and budget for the marketing plan. “At OMguru, we then work backwards to see what mix of services align best to achieve the desired goal in a given frame of time with the allotted budget,” says Rasna Bedi, OMguru’s certified Internet marketing consultant.
A Strategic Combination of Online Marketing Services
Some of the services available to a B2B or B2C company selling products online include:
1) Help in developing a state of the art ecommerce website that is user friendly and has one page checkout, as well as an easy-to-use admin or back end for data import or export.
2) Automated email marketing (e.g., If someone buys an engagement ring, then two weeks later they automatically receive an email to buy a wedding band.)
3) Search engine optimization (SEO) of the keywords that are specific to the nature of the business.
4) Content creation for regular posting of blogs, newsletters and the website. This form of social media marketing (SMM) also includes video optimization for keywords, Facebook campaigns, and publishing press releases.
5) Online marketing consultation to map online marketing strategy. Once a month is recommended (for smaller organizations once every quarter). Consultation is also available for special campaigns and the launch of new products.
OMguru indicates that goals can only be achieved with teamwork, involving both consultant and client. “We outline the responsibilities of the client. When all our recommendations are honored, we usually exceed our client’s expectations,” notes Bedi. Among some of the client responsibilities are the provision of topics for blogs, newsletters and campaigns, updating inventory, and following up with customer requests on social media sites. Aware that every company has different requirements, goals and budgets, OMguru’s online marketing packages greatly vary in price, starting at $2,500 and available up to $50,000 plus, depending on how aggressively the company wants to increase their online sales and brand awareness. And while a budget may determine the package in which you invest, OMguru also offers specials that provide personal benefits and have the potential to change your online marketing strategy. The current special advertised online ends on Sept. 5, in which customers receive an iPad 2 for free when signing up for an ecommerce and mobile ecommerce website with an annual online marketing package.