- 39% of digital consumers visited a brand’s website
- 36% read customer reviews
- 33% attempted to price match the product online
- 32% found the brand on Amazon
On average, survey respondents still spend 69% of their discretionary income each month in-store.
In-Store Purchasing Factors:
- The ability to touch and try on items is 3x more influential than other options in a consumer’s decision to make a purchase in a physical store
- When consumers go into the store to return an item that was originally purchased online, 67% browse or shop in that store afterward.
Overall, the study highlights the increasing importance of physical stores having a digital presence. Websites, social channels, reviews, product descriptions, content — all tools that provide value to the consumer and help inform their decision to buy from your store before making the visit.